Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts for POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023 are now open. Both oral and poster presentations are welcome.
Key dates for abstract submissions:
- 1 May – Submissions OPEN
- 12 September – Submissions CLOSE
- 19 September – Abstracts reviewed
- 4 October – Confirmed authors notified
To be accepted into the POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023 programme authors must register by 9 October 2022.
- Conference session themes
- Presentation types
- Abstract submission
- Abstract template
- Abstract notification
1. Conference session themes
POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023 Themes are listed below:
- Advanced synthetic polymer chemistry and polymeric materials
- Biological functional polymers and Advanced biomaterials for healthcare and medical use
- Nanomaterials and Smart Materials
- Polymer physics and characterisation, rheology, modelling and simulation, bulk and surface analysis
- Polymers and Environmental sustainability: Polymer recycling, biodegradable polymers, Ocean plastic reduction, Environmental Improvements and Solutions
- Polymers for agriculture and horticulture: Pastoral materials and polymers, Food polymers
- Natural occurring polymers: Forest and Marine materials and products
- Commercial plastics processing and production, smart packaging
- Polymers for additive manufacturing (3D/4D printing) and other processing technologies
- Polymer for optoelectronics, microphotonics, sensing and polymer batteries for energy applications
- Aggregation Induced Emission (AIE) mechanisms, novel luminogens, biomedical imaging, theranostics, and optoelectronic applications
- Photovoltaic materials and devices for polymer solar cells, the electrochemistry of conducting polymers
- Porous polymers for separation membrane and gas adsorption
2. Presentation types
There will be TWO presentation types (Oral and Poster) at POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023. Both are equally valued contributions. Different presentation formats may be best suited to different kinds of content. Delegates are encouraged to choose their preferred presentation format. However, the final presentation type will be determined by the POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023 Review and Programme Committee.
Please note that if your Abstract is accepted, the presenting author will be expected to register as a conference delegate by the due date. Failure to register will result in the removal of your presentation from the conference programme.
Posters will be on display in the POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023 Exhibition and Networking area and will provide opportunities for relaxed discussion throughout the entire conference.
3. Abstract submission
When submitting an Abstract, you will be required to provide the following information in the Portal and in your Abstract respectively.
- Abstract title (should reflect the content of the presentation)
- Name, affiliation, and contact details of the corresponding (presenting) Author
- Preferred presentation type (Oral presentation or Poster)
- Category of presentation (Theme).
- Acknowledgement that the presenting Author will register and attend POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023
Abstract (details are specified in the Template)
- Abstract title (same as in the portal)
- Names, affiliations and email addresses of the presenting Author and any Co-author(s)
- Abstract text (max. length 300 words, excluding Title, Authors and Biography)
- A short Biography of presenting Author (max. length 50 words)
- The completed Abstract in prescribed Template format should be uploaded as a Microsoft Word file
Early submission of abstracts is recommended. The closing date is Monday 12 September 2022.
Once you have been accepted to present at POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023, you are required to register and pay to attend before Sunday 9 October 2022 to avoid being removed from the programme.
Please note: Early Bird Registrations also close on Sunday 9 October 2022.
4. Abstract Template
Oral and Poster presenters are required to download and use the POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023 Abstract Template to format their Abstract.
- The format of, and instructions for, the Template will need to be followed for the Abstract to be considered for review
- Abstracts must be submitted in Microsoft Word format only.
5. Abstract notification
Authors will be notified of the outcome of the review process by or before 4 October 2022.
Papers presented at POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023 can be submitted for publication (following rigorous peer review) in a
Special issue of Macromolecular Symposia (Macromolecular Symposia – Wiley Online Library) devoted to the conference.
Additionally, selected conference papers may be considered for submission to Pure and Applied Chemistry (Pure and Applied Chemistry (degruyter.com).
Detailed Information will be provided in due course.
POLY-CHAR [Auckland] 2023 Key Dates
- 5 May 2022 - Call for Abstracts OPEN
- 15 July 2022 - Registrations OPEN
- 19 September 2022 - Call for Abstracts CLOSE
- 19 September 2022 - Call for Abstracts reviewed
- 4 October 2022 - Authors notified
- 9 October 2022 - Accepted authors MUST register
- 15 October 2022 - Draft programme online